Ready for a paradigm shift in your musculoskeletal practice?
You've come to the right place...
How's your clinical practice going?
Feeling bored, unfulfilled and frustrated about your current manual or musculoskeletal practice?
Tired of the routine of applying the treatment technique after technique, with no head space to reflect on what or why your doing what you're doing?
Have you been wanting to learn more about the biopsychosocial model and apply it to your practice, but don't know where to start?
Perhaps you're unsure how to transition away from a technique- or body-focused approach to one that emphasises individualised communication and therapeutic relationships in the context of musculoskeletal practice?
Finding it confusing and disheartening trying to make sense of the current evidence base with respect to traditional manual and musculoskeletal practice?
Whether you're an experienced but disillusioned clinician or a frustrated and confused new grad, our online resources can help shift your practice paradigm...
*Paradigm- a framework of beliefs and assumptions underpinning a particular position, stance or worldview...
- Re-emphasising the primary role of personal, communicative, educational and relational skills in the care of people with musculoskeletal pain.
- Re-locating the role of the patient as a person in the centre of care; not just a body with a spine, muscle and joints.
- Critically examining current practice and traditions.
- Adopting a contemporary view of evidence-based practice, with individual patients values, meaning and circumstances at the core.
- Being inclusive with respect to the research evidence; embracing the range of methodologies and designs to inform the different aspects of clinical practice.
Sound good...? Then join us for a more fulfilling, stimulating and effective way of practice.
Welcome to your new paradigm...
With a vast range of CPD courses, social media information evidence and other resources, it can be overwhelming to know where to start your journey towards a more biopsychosocially-orientated, person-centred and evidence-informed approach to practice.
We have online resources to help you every step of the way. Subscribe now.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CONFIDENCE
The Words Matter online course walks you through the major theoretical and research evidence supporting a more communication- and biopsychosocially orientated approach to the management of back pain.
Online Course + 1-2-1 Mentorship 5 Hours
Guidance and support for your practice Purchase 5 online mentoring sessions with Dr Oliver Thomson and receive the Words Matters Online course on language and communication as part of this package. Through your mentorship relationship with Oliver will receive support in the areas which are important to your clinical practice and wish to develop and explore. You set the agenda and the schedule and the frequency of meetings is entirely flexible and can be arrange to suit your needs.